Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How To Know Your "Real" and "Close" Friends On Facebook On Your Birthday

If you have a lot of friends on Facebook (like 500+) you'll notice that everyday, someone is celebrating their birthday. Some days, it's more than one person or two whom are celebrating their birthdays.

When you go to that person's wall, you'll see the crapload of people who has sent their own greetings. Nice right? But how many of those people really know that it's that person's birthday? Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful that people greet each other on their birthdays. But think who among all of those people really remembered that it's the celebrant's birthday.

I thought about this when I saw one of my friends greet another friend. She said that even though the celebrant's birthday is not on the newsfeed, she remembers. Now, that is a true friend. (In fairness, they have known each other since they were 11 years old.)

I'd try the same thing but my birthday is not till next year. Would you try it? Try to remove your birthday information on your profile and see who really remembers your special day. Even more, try removing your Wall or disabling Wall posting. See who will go through the trouble of sending you a Personal Message.

You might be both happy and disappointed. Happy because I'm sure your real friends will remember and you'll find out who really are your real friends. Someone whom you don't think you're not that close to might remember your birthday. Disappointed because you might find out that some of the people whom you think are close to will totally forget or they might remember but they might not even go through the trouble of sending you a PM.

Most likely, I'll try it on my birthday. What'd you think? Would you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy

Privacy Policy



Philippines, Humor, Jokes, Facebook, Internet, Quotes, Pinoy Big Brother